Sunday, June 07, 2009

Rhubarb Mania

A neighbor with two monster rhubarb plants in his yard told us we could take as much rhubarb as we could use. So we did, and then some. Maren and I harvested and hauled the branch-like stalks and cut and cleaned them in preparation for all things rhubarb.

The rhubarb fairy

I was so happy cutting 12 lbs. of strawberries in preparation for an afternoon jam session (strawberry rhubarb jam) tomorrow. I made an apple/rhubarb chutney and made yum-o apple rhubarb oatmeal bars too. I love summer in Alaska! Its funny, now that I think about it, summer in AK is WILD. I ran ten miles this morning, harvested and prepped rhubarb,cut and washed 12 lbs of strawberries, kept the kids busy, made chutney, baked, roasted a chicken, drank coffee, went king salmon fishing and drank more coffee. All the light does this to you- so much to do- so much light!!!

On its way to jamliness.




No comments: