Thursday, August 30, 2012

Here We Go

11 weeks until the Chimera 100.
I officially began my training today, after one month off after the Res Pass 100. Actually I mark today as the start  of just getting in the mindset of committing to what I need to do in the next 11 weeks. I put a tentative plan in pencil down on the calendar. I climbed Flattop tonight after a CrossFit workout in the park today and had grandiose ideas about the next 11 weeks. Can I commit to do what it takes to be healthy and rested and work hard and care for myself  and head into Chimera stronger than I've ever been before? Can I balance family and responsibility and maybe work with training hard? Almost 28 hours at Javelina, 26 at Res Pass, can I continue to improve? 22,000 feet of climbing to get done in 100 miles. It's time to start climbing. I started with 3,510 feet tonight. As I climbed, I thought it might be something to keep track of this process, both the physical and the mental. So, here we go...

1 comment:

Maya and Ian said...

You go girl! Don't stop believing...