Monday, June 18, 2012

42 years and 26 miles


To celebrate 42 years I ran 26 miles down to Seward on the highway. Was not so excited on the road, but between the snow and the bears I thought it may be my best option.


Sunny, warm day. Snow-capped mountains surrounded me. Green leaves everywhere. BRIGHT!


Then I started spotting bear tracks along the highway. 
And then I spotted the brown bear just below me.
It sniffed the air and made its way up to the road.
Bear spray in hand I flagged down a car and hopped a ride a 1/2 mile down the road.



Getting closer to Seward and looking forward to meeting the family for the birthday beach party!


26 miles down to Seward. Happy to be off the road and on the beach. Good, hot training run. Sunburn on arms and legs! Continued to celebrate with rhubarb margaritas and my wonderful family.

No comments: