Saturday, June 23, 2012

Being Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable


Today I followed three super strong females up 6,911 ft. Matanuska Peak.


The trek was 14 miles roundtrip with 9,000 feet of elevation gain.


There was LOTS of climbing and scrambling to be had.


Getting to the top was a real achievement.


The mountains went on forever.


It was like I had climbed into the sky.


I was so happy to switch gears from climbing up to scooting down, but it was grueling.


Looking back at Matanuska peak. Looks like a wee little knob from far away. 
But I was up there on top.


The day was glorious. The colors amazing. the sun HOT. The sunburn ouchie.


Matanuska Peak on the left. I climbed it.


On top of Lazy Mountain (again).  You climb it twice. Mat Peak in the background.
It was all down from here and we were happy!





1 comment:

dvroes said...

Sarah, Looks like an awesome climb/hike/run. I saw the link to your blog on Geoff's blog.
Don (Geoff's dad)