Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lunch at the Stable

Maren and I had lunch today at the Chamberlain Equestrian Center. "Colonio" (the paint) and
"Horse-yet-to-be-named" (the palomino) came along to see some of their buddies. As we ate, Maren explained "That one is a bay. A horse has to tuck its legs under to jump. Those horses are cantering. That one is a great jumper!" Not for one moment did she take her eyes off the horses. I think she may have eaten a little plastic bag along with her PB&J. At one point she even said, "OK Mom, I am ready for my lesson." I gave her some convoluted answer about how kids that are four can take lessons and of course this led to the ultimate question, "When can I get a horse?" I continued on with my improvisation of giving her an answer. "It is a big job to care for a horse- and it costs a lot of money." Her response, "I have plenty of money in my piggy bank Mom!" These interactions are tougher than terrible two tantrums! You have to have an answer for everything! At least we know what we can do for her for her fourth birthday- what four year olds can finally do- a horseback riding lesson.

No comments: