Thursday, October 11, 2007

21 Days & Counting...


Due Date: October 31 21 days to go

Last night I was awake from 1-4:30AM. Maren woke with a sore throat and a cough first and once we got her back to sleep, I wandered into sleepless worryland, peppering David with random questions and concerns until sometime after 4AM. David did as any good husband would -try to ease my concerns, provide support and listen but I had already arrived at teary and dramatic before he could save me. Feeling much more rational in the morning (although extremely exhasuted) I set out to put the bassinet in its place, pack a hospital bag for me and an overnight bag for Maren ( just in case). This took me about 3 hours this morning as I had to sit in between each movement to let a contraction pass. I paused over the baby clothes for many minutes unable to decide which yellow or green outfit would really be best to bring with- so now I have four outfits packed-probably enough right? Anyhoo, whenever and however this happens, I am one step closer to being ready. (Yes, the large arc at the bottom of this picture is by rotund belly.)


Maren put three babies in the bassinet-two girls and a boy. We will practice with triplets and then it will be a piece of cake when the real thing arrives...right?




No comments: