Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Mother's Blessing

The invitation reads-
"Our hope is to share with Sarah how important she is to us and to encourage her with our collective strength as women, blessing her baby and her journey into motherhood."
I feel truly blessed today. Not solely by all the words of encouragement and wisdom, but by the mere prescence of such amazing women in my life. It was a honor and a pleasure to take time this afternoon to soak in the experience and kindness of my friends and fully embrace the unknown journey I am about to take. I feel so fortunate to have such good women in my life; women so generous and real and smart and inspiring. I was treated to delicious treats, thoughtful gifts, creative energy and honest and meaningful thoughts.
( I think I look just like my Mom here.)
Homemade cookies and cake, hot tea, lattes,
fruit and warm brie with caramel pecan sauce---YUM-O!

The colorful, creative process begins...

...a group effort.

The lovely finished product...but what a beautiful PROCESS it was!

Carolyn , Sarah And Corrina

The collective strength, support and wisdom of these women
gleaned today will be remembered in the light of the candle.
Annette & I

With Liz

My hostesess with the mostesses- Elke and Jill.
Thank you all for a most amazing afternoon.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great friends and what a lovely shower. Hope you left the shower with the warmth of your friendships and the peace of mind of your collective womanly wisdom.

Love,
Mom

Aunt Fizz said...

nice blog and pictures...now check that off your list!
That was wonderful celebration yesterday sarah! Thanks for including me and inviting us all to celebrate your beauty and strength!