Thursday, October 18, 2007

My First Palacsinta

Today I made my first ever palacsinta with a recipe right out of the St. Ladislaus Roman Catholic Church recipe book. Maren and I made the batter and I told Maren the story of how Nonny made these for me when I was a little girl. I told her about the powdered sugar jar with the blue lid, the heaps of butter used, the "specifically for palacsinta " blackened saute pan, the pitcher and the wooden fork and how our clothes and Nonny's kitchen smelled like palacsinta for the rest of the day. It seemed worth enough of a moment to capture on film.

Post first flip- browning nicely in the pan.

Ready to be rolled up and devoured!

"YUM!" Maren screamed.
With butter and powdered sugar...
...or with cranberry jelly!
We thought of you Nonny!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will bring Gram up to the house to see these photos!!!!!!